Photo
- - - - -

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Battery icon shows charging while its not plugged in.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 umi_rulez

umi_rulez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

Hi guys
Im having a serious problem here with my samsung galaxy nexus. i updated my ICS to Jelly Bean a month ago. and now its software is doing some problems. I simply connect my smartphone to the charger, it starts charging and when i remove it from the charger....the battery still shows that its charging and after a minute it goes on like this... Charging...not charging.... Its like im switcing on and off the charger repeatedly...this thing really sux..and it also keeps my screen on all the time....guys im having this serious problem...please help me solving this problem.....
im anxiously waiting for some serious help

#2 bdfull3r

bdfull3r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1664893
http://code.google.c...detail?id=23789

It is a common issues with the Galaxy Nexus, Its not a serious problem, you phone shows the charging logo a little longer then it is suppose to. Reboot your phone. If you are rooted, attempt to reflash the phone and see if this fixes the issue.

LG Optimus V - CM 9.1 BobZ

#3 mikearnill

mikearnill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Well I will recommend you to walk to your near by store, I was facing same problem my friend recommended me the same what I have recommended and after that it all went well.
Grow Tent have strong metal framework

#4 Frank

Frank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

So my 1-1/2 month old Galaxy Nexus has this same problem. I sent it to the Texas service center for repair. Samsung said they found the problem and returned the phone (no charge). Guess what? Plug the phone into the charger then unplug it, the charge icon is still on. Now the screen wakes up from sleep mode (which drains the batt). I sent Sammy an email lettting them know I am not a happy customer and they said they will replace the phone. I know I going to end-up with some refurbished POS.

I switched to Sammy from my 1st gen iPhone. I guess I'll go back to it, as it still works. Sammy may have copied some of the design be not the relability.

#5 boude747

boude747

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

Good morning gents,

I have a Samsung galaxy nexus canadian version (i-9250) powered by videotron. Had it for a year or so. So far satysfied, but this morning I had the problem. "Phantom charging ". Screen keeps tunrnig on and off as it shows charging icons going on and off (lightning on battery). I followed the online advices and it fixed the problem so far. First, turn off the phone, remove the battery, I used small flat screwdriver to CAREFULLY bend the central portion of the charging/plugging area back in the middle (centered). Then, I used a thumbtack (or a pointy needle) and removed all the lint caught and pushed down by plugging the phone repeatedly from the past. Pushing down all the pocket crap picked up from the last year in my pocket. That crap was located  between the central portion and the surrounding areas of the charging port. If you don't have compressed air IN A CAN, (no compressor, oil/water issue) GET ONE !!!!! You will need it anyway to get rid of the lints and crap that are creating the electric short on your phone. Blowing in it won't be enough ;). These are like 3-5 $ at every electronic store, and you can clean everything with it anyway its a good buy. When everything was cleaned, I inspected it with a flashlight and a magnifyer, I put the battery back, powered the phone, no more problem, I plugged it in the usb port, it charged, unplugged it, no more problem. Good luck guys.

#6 markray

markray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

I had the same problem with my Galaxy Nexus and it just disappread, after changing the charger cable. Surprise!

#7 Johnyallen

Johnyallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

yes this is right to if you facing battry problem you should talk to near by your any store .

#8 zhangyamysaga

zhangyamysaga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Maybe you can go to Samsung professional website to look for the correct answer !

#9 John Dave

John Dave

Beware Corn-a-sauras

• Approved Members Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

Walk to your nearest servicing center there is not we can do for it !! :(

John Dave

Technical Consulatant

#10 natja