• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rhythem

Rhythem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

I bought a Android tablet. (micromax p175 funbook) and its not even a week and i am experiencing problem with its keyboard(default one). 

The problem is that in portrait mode when i try to type, i am able to type properly on the 2nd and 3rd row alphabets i.e "asdfgh" row and "zxcvbn" row, but when i press a key on the top row i.e "qwerty" row i get no response, 

In landscape mode, all keys work perfectly except for j which does not respond at all and spacebaar which response faultily.

I tried installing some third party keyboard software and they ran just fine as my default keyboard ran on the first 3-4 days,

Please help me to solve this bug, what do i need to do. 

P.S. i dont want to void my warrenty so please suggest accordingly

#2 dr_bowtie

dr_bowtie

Staff

• Moderators
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

you wont void your warranty installing another keyboard or even installing or using Swype...

I'd try to do a calibration and see what happens... after that you might try going to the manufactures website and get an upgraded firmware if there is one.

#3 John Dave

John Dave

Beware Corn-a-sauras

• Approved Members Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

There are various custom keyboard available in the play store. Try giving a shot to  Swift keyboard from the play store.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  It will definitely help you out. :)  :)  If not then you might need to contact you nearest store, because it might be permanent problem  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :D  :D

Edited by John Farrell, 16 October 2013 - 01:00 AM.

John Dave

Technical Consulatant

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Android keyboard, keyboard, android