• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ralf23446

ralf23446

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

I was tinkering around before activating the phone. Aparently I have a 'me' in my contacts I guess is shown to other android users in addition to what they have my # saved as or what caller id shows. I aparently entered jumbled letters for this and can't delete or edit it. I also have a few other contacts I made while tinkering that don't have phone numbers. There seems to be no way to delete or edit the 'me' or the contacts with no #s or even the contacts with #s. Except for adding a photo.

I tried everything I could think of, pressing and holding down the names and everything and sliding, etc etc in the 'people' app and when pressing the phone icon which bring up different screens. The names in my 'people' that don't have a # saved don't show up when I click the phone icon to dial, but that's besides the point.

Edit: now a day later:

Forgot to mention this is a jelly bean ZTE AWE.
Now that the phone's activated, I can hold down pressed on the number and 'edit it before calling' , but I still can't figure out how to edit the name or just delete the contact.
The 'me' jumbled letters is gone now that I activated the phone and are replaced with my #.
All the contacts I saved when the phone wasn't activated are gone now that the phone's activated and it did a factory reset all settings.

Edited by ralf23446, 01 November 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#2 John Dave

John Dave

Beware Corn-a-sauras

• Approved Members Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

What i am getting is you are facing problem in edition and deleting your contacts from address book so: 

For Deleting Contacts: Look on the top right section you will see a dustbin icon click (Second icon from the top right) on that your contacts will be deleted. Or you can also press the the first icon to the right and it shows a drop down menu, click the first DELETE CONTACTS select the contacts you want to delete(Note: Use this if you want to delete multiple contacts). 

For editing Contacts: press the first icon on the top right side and a dropdown will appear Click on the EDIT and it will allows you to edit your contacts. 

I hope this will solve your problem !! :)

John Dave

Technical Consulatant

Rapidsoft Technologies

#3 GoBunny

GoBunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:05 PM

This is a weird way to do it but it works. Touch "all contacts', select the one you want to delete and when it dials- hang up. Now go back and it will be a favorite. Press the 3 dots in the upper right corner of that contact box. You will bring it up in another box. Press the icon that looks like a head and shoulders. The next box will have the 3 dots in the top right again. Press the dots and a menu drops down with 'delete contact' included. Press delete and then ok.

#4 Tinawood

Tinawood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:03 PM

1.  Once you’ve opened your app drawer, locate the “Contacts” or “People” application shortcut.
2.  Locate the one you wish to edit and tap on it.
3.  Depending on your device, either hit the on-device settings key or the on-screen settings key (three dots).

4.  Select “Edit.”
6.  From the edit page, you can edit the contact how ever you see fit.

7.  Hit “Save”  or “Done” when you’ve finished editing and you’re good to go.

Hope it helps!

#5 albyjohnson

albyjohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:02 AM

You have to enter you contact list, enter on the one you wish to edit and delete. Do so, and save the changes 

#6 Lilyheye

Lilyheye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:45 PM

You can use some third party app to delete or edit a contact.

#7 Karota

Karota

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

You can use your phone's default contact management or a third party tool to delete or edit your contacts.

#8 mahdlokg

mahdlokg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:14 AM

I cannot edit SOME of my phone contacts on my current (soon to be replaced) Droid Maxx.

Example:

I have a hodgepodge of contacts that I have listed  by: 1. First Name 2. Last Name 3. Company 4. Other.

Trying to standardize these more, I have been updating my contacts this morning and on three occasions so far, I will fully edit an existing contact and save it, only to have it revert back to the format that it was written in originally.

If this helps at all, some of the contacts go back through several phones, pre smartphone, and I have been with Verizon through all of this. I have always used the backup assistant since it has been available, and it has always transferred my contacts flawlessly.

I will give a brief generic example of a contact that that I tried to change, but it reverted back after the edit and save.

Original Contact Format:

Jim Smith

ph 555-555-1212 listed as "other"

New Contact Update Format:

SMITH JIM

555-555-1212 listed as "mobile"

555-555-1234 listed as "work main" (custom)

555-555-4321 listed as "work direct" (custom)

Then I added the company address and e-mail address.

I saved this after it was complete, yet it reverted back to what I have above as the Original Contact Format.

The ONLY way I have been able to get around this is to write down all of the info manually, delete the original contact and create an entirely new contact.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas what I might be doing wrong. Thanks!

#9 oakvillejerrry

oakvillejerrry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:07 PM

I was tinkering around before activating the phone. Aparently I have a 'me' in my contacts I guess is shown to other android users in addition to what they have my # saved as or what caller id shows. I aparently entered jumbled letters for this and can't delete or edit it. I also have a few other contacts I made while tinkering that don't have phone numbers. There seems to be no way to delete or edit the 'me' or the contacts with no #s or even the contacts with #s. Except for adding a photo.

I tried everything I could think of, pressing and holding down the names and everything and sliding, etc etc in the 'people' app and when pressing the phone icon which bring up different screens. The names in my 'people' that don't have a # saved don't show up when I click the phone icon to dial, but that's besides the point.

Edit: now a day later:

Forgot to mention this is a jelly bean ZTE AWE.
Now that the phone's activated, I can hold down pressed on the number and 'edit it before calling' , but I still can't figure out how to edit the name or just delete the contact.
The 'me' jumbled letters is gone now that I activated the phone and are replaced with my #.
All the contacts I saved when the phone wasn't activated are gone now that the phone's activated and it did a factory reset all settings.

On a Moto G 2nd Gen phone, had same problem, solved by call to Motorola. No obvious icon to edit. 

After bringing the contact on screen, I get a 'pencil' beside the three dots. Clicking on that brings up the 'Edit Contact' screen, including the 'Delete' option.

#10 Laura7

Laura7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:28 AM

What i am getting is you are facing problem in edition and deleting your contacts from address book so:
For Deleting Contacts: Look on the top right section you will see a dustbin icon click (Second icon from the top right) on that your contacts will be deleted. Or you can also press the the first icon to the right and it shows a drop down menu, click the first DELETE CONTACTS select the contacts you want to delete(Note: Use this if you want to delete multiple contacts).
For editing Contacts: press the first icon on the top right side and a dropdown will appear Click on the EDIT and it will allows you to edit your contacts.

I hope this will solve your problem !! :)