11 replies to this topic

#1 Masonthins

Masonthins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

Hi,

I am new here and hope post at the right section.  I bought a HTC One M8 yersterday and have set everything up except from my contacts. I have around 250 phone contacts on my iPhone 4S. I am wondering is there an easy way to transfer these contacts to my new device without typing them manually?

Any input will be great appreciated.

Mason

#2 John Dave

John Dave

Beware Corn-a-sauras

• Approved Members Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:17 PM

Well, I would say if you have tried doing a little Googling I am sure you can find the answer, its there in the htc site and I am telling you about the same using the reference from the HTC. With the help of the HTC Sync Manager, you can easily transfer iPhone content to your HTC device. 

One more important thing that you need to use iTunes9.0 or later to backup you iPhone content first to your computer. 

1. Connect your iPhone and your HTC phone to your computer, next you need to goto the HTC sync manager, click on the Home>Transfer & Backup and press the start.

2. Next thing is to select the iPhonebackup file that you have backup from your device and click ok. 

3. You need to select the type of content you want to transfer over to your HTC device. You can either choose or replace the content of your HTC phone with the iPhone content. 

4. Hit the start and wait for the Sync manager to finish the transferring process. 

5. When done slide the open notification panel on your HTC and then tap the download button which will appear as a arrow pointing downwards. 

John Dave

Technical Consulatant

Rapidsoft Technologies

#3 BoBoks

BoBoks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

You have totally over complicated things. All you need to do is download a free app on the iphone called ‘my contacts backup’. Its a really easy program, you just click ‘backup’ then ‘email’, send it your own email address (i sent it to my gmail address), open the email and open the.vcf attachment on your android phone and it will import your contacts. Simple no need for all this itunes nonsense. Iphones are rubbish. You can also use Phone to Phone transfer program

For iPhone to HTC: Reviews:  transfer iPhone contacts list to HTC M8 

For iPhone to Samsung, Review: copy contacts from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S5

Edited by BoBoks, 14 May 2014 - 04:12 AM.

#4 John Dave

John Dave

Beware Corn-a-sauras

• Approved Members Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

You have totally over complicated things. All you need to do is download a free app on the iphone called ‘my contacts backup’. Its a really easy program, you just click ‘backup’ then ‘email’, send it your own email address (i sent it to my gmail address), open the email and open the.vcf attachment on your android phone and it will import your contacts. Simple no need for all this itunes nonsense. Iphones are rubbish.

Well, claps that's another great solution you have provided. I am not really having knowledge in how to transfer the the iPhone contacts to the HTC. And what I have written is in the above post is based on the solution provided by the HTC site. Anyway I am glad that you have found some different solution for the OP which is simple. 

John Dave

Technical Consulatant

Rapidsoft Technologies

#5 Mastihaoe

Mastihaoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:13 AM

I hear that Google account can help to do this, is it true?

#6 John Dave

John Dave

Beware Corn-a-sauras

• Approved Members Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:16 PM

I hear that Google account can help to do this, is it true?

Well, yes @Mastihance you have heard it correct Google account automatically saves your contacts, and pictures so, there is no need to worry much about it !  

John Dave

Technical Consulatant

Rapidsoft Technologies

#7 Khhjdd99

Khhjdd99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:03 AM

Goolge contacts is pretty good choose !First Sync the contacts to google account from your iphone device, Then configure the google account in your htc phone, That's it.. You're done...!!!

More tips :

How to sync contacts between android and iphone

Save android phone contacts to another android phone

Edited by Khhjdd99, 02 July 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#8 Kolpoiu

Kolpoiu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:24 PM

Apple put a lot of restrictions on its products. It makes it very hard to transfer content to other devices, except for its own iPhone, iPad and iPod. But you can try Gmail, or other software like Mobile Transfer

Edited by Kolpoiu, 08 May 2016 - 07:14 PM.

#9 szabo

szabo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:52 AM

You're rightKolpoiu, the iOS 9 makes very difficult the access to your data, even you have the credentials. I tested a few applications and after a few tries I found this article which explains you how to get your data directly from the iCloud, even you have the latest iOS 9 installed. 

The contacts are exported in vCards or CSV format so you can import use these files directly into your Gmail account. Then, if you're restarting the phone, the contacts should be synced with the cloud.  :)

#10 zaraamy

zaraamy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:05 PM

To transfer contacts between htc phone and iPhone, you can use a mobile transfer app to help, that's the easiest way, you just need to connect both htc phone and iPhone to computer, and use the app to transfer data between them. Remember set source position and destination position.

Edited by zaraamy, 27 July 2016 - 10:18 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: htc one, iphone