Android Forum - A Community For Android Users and Enthusiasts
sathi3brt

Colors X Factor Android Phone Root and CWM

Brother, which scatter file did u use?? and which mobile are you trying to root? plz download link is for only x factor not for xfactor plus and xfactor mini,, for plus google how to root

I am Using Xfactor 

but it is not working

What is the problem plz

my xfactor starts at the logo and doesnt open. i have cwm recovery but i dont have anyback up of the system n other files. what should i do?
can you share me cwm backup files? :(

actually i dont know more about bold,, but u should not try rom manager to flash rom coz ur device is not listed there, u surely brick your phone !!!, if i found working cwm for it i will share with u ok bro

please share if you get it...actually x factor bold is the same as micromax a110 in terms of hardware but the software is different!!!!...both run ics 4.0.4 but different firmware,kernel, maybe!!!!

Hi Sathi3brt I Did try to root my Phone ( Color Xfactor Quad) through) This Method :

method 2

if u r not rooted

1) download and extract xfactor root.zip

2) download and copy recovery.img to extracted folder (i.e. xfactor root)

3) remove battery of ur phone; do not switch on!

4) install mtk drivers

5) open sptool as administrator

6)load scatter file

7)(make sure that only recovery option is checked;if u tick others-u can brick ur phone)

8) in option menu, disable download DA All

9) click download, click yes and plug the usb cable (do not switch on yet, just plug in)

10) when download ok box appeared disconnect ur phone; remove battery, insert battery and boot into recovery (vol up +power)

I did Upto Step 9 .After step 9 .Its Shows such problem :

EBOOT ERROR:

[bOOT]read/writesync Packet 'DOWNLOAD; from/to target's Bootloader Faild!

Its shows [HINTS] too But I didn't understand hints 2 and 3:

What does bootloader(xldre/unboot) AND bootloader's means ?

"PLEASE HELP ME" VERY SOON WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY TO STEP UP.

Hi Sathi3brt I Did try to root my Phone ( Color Xfactor Quad) through) This Method :

method 2

if u r not rooted

4) install mtk drivers

6)load scatter file

7)(make sure that only recovery option is checked;if u tick others-u can brick ur phone)

9) click download, click yes and plug the usb cable (do not switch on yet, just plug in)

10) when download ok box appeared disconnect ur phone; remove battery, insert battery and boot into recovery (vol up +power)

I did Upto Step 9 .After step 9 .Its Shows such problem :

EBOOT ERROR:

[bOOT]read/writesync Packet 'DOWNLOAD; from/to target's Bootloader Faild!

Its shows [HINTS] too But I didn't understand hints 2 and 3:

What does bootloader(xldre/unboot) AND bootloader's means ?

"PLEASE HELP ME" VERY SOON WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY TO STEP UP.

Brother i think quad does not root from this method,, try Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18 for ICS-JB tool to root this phone,,

found/built any custom rom for xfactor?? do you have the stock rom so that i culd try to modify it? please give me a link if you have :) thanx

found/built any custom rom for xfactor?? do you have the stock rom so that i culd try to modify it? please give me a link if you have :) thanx

Sorry bro, i didn't find yet but tried some custom rom,, n got bootloop :( tried making custom rom myself using kitchen and got status 0 error,, u try bro and gud luck  ;)

stock boot: http://www.4shared.com/file/LMYM-vgZ/boot.html

stock system: http://www.4shared.com/file/s97mTAl-/system.html

Sorry bro, i didn't find yet but tried some custom rom,, n got bootloop :( tried making custom rom myself using kitchen and got status 0 error,, u try bro and gud luck  ;)

stock boot: http://www.4shared.com/file/LMYM-vgZ/boot.html

stock system: http://www.4shared.com/file/s97mTAl-/system.html

oh nice! thnx man  :D ........ ya tried some myself n ya not gud.... ya my kitchen's all set up but hab to wait some time bfore i can tinker wid this... anyway thnx alot man :D

colors x factor cwm recovery and another root method

method 1

if u r rooted

1) paste recovery.img in the memory card (not inside any folders of memory card,, just into memory card)

2) install the apk (mobileuncle tool), open, give root permission, go "flash reecovery from sd card", u can see recovery.img, just click on that; and flashh recovery are u sure, click ok

method 2

if u r not rooted

4) install mtk drivers

6)load scatter file

how to root with cwm?

important: if u want to root with cwm then download su-busybox-installer.zip and copy to memory card before flashing cwm recovery!!! now flash cwm recovery from method 2 and boot into cwm recovery, in cwm recovery choose clear cache, then choose install zip from sd card, and select su-busybox-installer.zip and select yes,, u r rooted (power botton to select and vol botton to up down)

link: (remove space)

xfactor root.zip: www. 4shared. com/ zip/ cOSk9nDX/ xfactor_root. html

recovery.img: www. 4shared. com /file/ XNszR6d4/ recovery. html

mobile uncle tool: www. 4shared. com/ android/ 1aCYqfAH/ commobileuncle. html

root: root : dropbox. com/ s/ ecoi1gk33k2jwsv/ su-busybox-installer.zip

Hi friend , 

i tries your step 2 for cwm root for colors x factor

and i think i have bricked my phone.

i mean when i rebooted on last step, the phone doesnot go ahead from welcom screen and shows only "colors mobile" screen 

please give a solution

please share if you get it...actually x factor bold is the same as micromax a110 in terms of hardware but the software is different!!!!...both run ics 4.0.4 but different firmware,kernel, maybe!!!!

here you go 

CWM recovery TOuch (TWRP) for xfactor bold

1st root your mobile

1. go to phone setting>developer option>usb debugging mode.

2. connected this device to system(computer)

3. you must download both of these files

a. ROOTING KIT- http://db.tt/HNnvaThg

b. drivers -http://www.4shared.com/rar/ZG3B42E2/driver.html4. extract both of these files.(use 7zip or winrar windows application

5. after extracted a folder is created by default.

6. open folder name called "driver". Open the folder  and copy all driver files which include 2 folders and past it in [c drive>windows>system32]

now drivers are installed.

7 move to second foler called "rooting kit lava_n400". just double click on run me. bat file. therafter . choose 1 for normal mode. then follow on screen, phone get restarted two times and then a application is installed by default called "supersu".

1) paste recovery.img in the memory card (not inside any folders of memory card,, just into memory card) 

http://www.4shared.com/file/ADG4yPBF/recovery.html

2) install the apk (mobileuncle tool), open, give root permission, go "flash reecovery from sd card", u can see recovery.img, just click on that; and flashh recovery are u sure, click ok 

http://www.4shared.com/android/1aCYqfAH/commobileuncle.html

Edited by sathi3brt