Android Forum - A Community For Android Users and Enthusiasts
Danny1234

Switch iPhone to Android

First of all thanks a lot for sharing such an useful post. Now I am using iPhone 5S and I am thinking about switching to Samsung Galaxy S5. I hope your post will help me a lot.

Sometime it might be a little tricky to switch from iPhone to Android, Especially when you got a bunch of music in your iTunes. It said that you can't play Apple Music on Android because of the format issue. But I just don't want to re-download hundreds of songs. That is totally a waste of time.

So I have to convert  all of my iTunes songs to MP3 with a third-party Apple Music Converter to handle this problem.

I'm a member in an android development team, but I've never used Android phone on my life :rolleyes:

But more and more powerful features from Android system are really seductive for us to change iPhone to Android

The transfer is not simple, lol. It took me 2 hours to completely transfer the contacts and photos. I checked this tutorial and find out it is much easier to transfer sms from iphone to android as well as contacts, photos and media files. It only took me 10 minutes to complete the transfer.

Edited by lioncocoz

I did switch from Android to iPhone and then back to Android. Personally I hate iPhone mostly because of iTunes and lack of access to file system. I did jailbreak my iPhone but it didn't change much.  During switch I didn't remember any problems with transferring my contacts. Both Apple and Google did pretty good job. You can copy your contacts from iOS to Android and vice versa. No problem with that.