Android Forum - A Community For Android Users and Enthusiasts

Android Security

Look Android is secured as in Android every application runs in its own sandbox. But what you have to look closely is the permissions of application. Keep close look on the permission of applications and everything will be perfect, and if you still have confusion about security then try searching in Google for the articles title" The risky android application permissions by Rapidsoft" i am sure you will get clear understanding about what the security flaw with Android is ?? Thanks ...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i don't think installing any application guarantees, the safety of your personnel data it can be done manually only and that is by keeping a close look over the permissions of the applications. Like I said previously, Android offers one of the safest environment as every application on the Android works under its own sandbox and they have access to only those resources which you have allowed, what i mean by that is I give a permission to application to access my contact details and whenever it runs it will access my personnel information no matter how many security apps i have installed because at the front i am the one who has given access to the application. Installing any other antivirus or something... like that is not going to help me out!! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is Android secure or not? That is a big question mark. I am a bit of concerned regarding the security of my data saved in my Android. Can you suggest me some applications that protect my personal files in the Android?

I don't really run anything other than Lookout.......but I wouldn't mind having this little guy around either -