Android Forum - A Community For Android Users and Enthusiasts

Ringing sound on Anroid Tablet ?

DenPit5

I have just recently purchased a 7 inch Android tablet.  I am fairly new to tablets although I have several years computer experience.  When the tablet is switched on I keep getting a ringing sound from it at intervals just like a telephone ringing.    Can anyone explain what the sound is and how can I deal with it. ?

• Like 5

Well, that's just pretty tough to tell what is the cause behind that sound because all I have to do here is imagination, okay tell me one thing does that sound is coming when you are pressing some buttons or it keeps on ringing as soon as you unlock your device ??? 

• Like 2

Hi John - Thanks for reply.   The ringing sound occurs at irregular times whilst I am using the tablet for some purpose.   I get no visual on screen indications of what might be causing it.   It is almost as if the tablet was acting as a mobile phone and someone was trying to ring me.

• Like 1

Oopss .... @denpit5 I can't tell you exactly but this certainly happens when you have installed some notification apps that you don't know about, Well I would say have you tried factory resetting your tablet? I would say if you still didn't then go for it and before doing it backup your data. If this issue wasn't present previously i.e. it might be happening because of the some application it will disappear after the factory reset. :) 

• Like 1

Hi John - Once again thanks for reply.   I am concerned that if  I do a factory reset  would I lose my Apps that I have Installed. ?

Yes you'll loose the application you have installed but I am sure if after the factory reset you sign up using the same gmail account that you are previously using then all the application you have installed will be installed back. And as far as the data is concerned I'll say try doing a backup before preceding. 

• Like 1