Android Forum - A Community For Android Users and Enthusiasts
Sign in to follow this  
Masonthins

Transfer contacts from iPhone to One M8

Hi,

I am new here and hope post at the right section.  I bought a HTC One M8 yersterday and have set everything up except from my contacts. I have around 250 phone contacts on my iPhone 4S. I am wondering is there an easy way to transfer these contacts to my new device without typing them manually?

Any input will be great appreciated.

Mason

• Like 4

Well, I would say if you have tried doing a little Googling I am sure you can find the answer, its there in the htc site and I am telling you about the same using the reference from the HTC. With the help of the HTC Sync Manager, you can easily transfer iPhone content to your HTC device. 

One more important thing that you need to use iTunes9.0 or later to backup you iPhone content first to your computer. 

1. Connect your iPhone and your HTC phone to your computer, next you need to goto the HTC sync manager, click on the Home>Transfer & Backup and press the start.

2. Next thing is to select the iPhonebackup file that you have backup from your device and click ok. 

3. You need to select the type of content you want to transfer over to your HTC device. You can either choose or replace the content of your HTC phone with the iPhone content. 

4. Hit the start and wait for the Sync manager to finish the transferring process. 

5. When done slide the open notification panel on your HTC and then tap the download button which will appear as a arrow pointing downwards. 

• Like 1

You have totally over complicated things. All you need to do is download a free app on the iphone called ‘my contacts backup’. Its a really easy program, you just click ‘backup’ then ‘email’, send it your own email address (i sent it to my gmail address), open the email and open the.vcf attachment on your android phone and it will import your contacts. Simple no need for all this itunes nonsense. Iphones are rubbish. You can also use Phone to Phone transfer program

For iPhone to HTC: Reviews:  transfer iPhone contacts list to HTC M8 

For iPhone to Samsung, Review: copy contacts from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S5

Edited by BoBoks

You have totally over complicated things. All you need to do is download a free app on the iphone called ‘my contacts backup’. Its a really easy program, you just click ‘backup’ then ‘email’, send it your own email address (i sent it to my gmail address), open the email and open the.vcf attachment on your android phone and it will import your contacts. Simple no need for all this itunes nonsense. Iphones are rubbish.

Well, claps that's another great solution you have provided. I am not really having knowledge in how to transfer the the iPhone contacts to the HTC. And what I have written is in the above post is based on the solution provided by the HTC site. Anyway I am glad that you have found some different solution for the OP which is simple. 

I hear that Google account can help to do this, is it true?

Well, yes @Mastihance you have heard it correct Google account automatically saves your contacts, and pictures so, there is no need to worry much about it !  

Apple put a lot of restrictions on its products. It makes it very hard to transfer content to other devices, except for its own iPhone, iPad and iPod. But you can try Gmail, or other software like Mobile Transfer

Edited by Kolpoiu

You're rightKolpoiu, the iOS 9 makes very difficult the access to your data, even you have the credentials. I tested a few applications and after a few tries I found this article which explains you how to get your data directly from the iCloud, even you have the latest iOS 9 installed. 

The contacts are exported in vCards or CSV format so you can import use these files directly into your Gmail account. Then, if you're restarting the phone, the contacts should be synced with the cloud.  :)